Monday, April 13, 2009

During a time of great distress my employer was AWESOME on helping me get my time off and arrangements made?

How do I thank them for going above and beyond? I have never had an employer work with me like that before. It would be great to tell them thank you, but I don%26#039;t want to seem like a butt kisser.








*side info.... My grandmother passed away and I had to arrange a leave of absense ( my super helped fill them out, pretty much all I had to do was sign), plus take time off of work in the middle of shift when I got %26quot;the phone call%26quot;. My manager, my supervisor and their boss were so sweet, and it just made me feel good knowing I worked for a company that would just really bend over backwards for me. Heck, my super told me to take as much time as I needed, and my manager would call and check up on me just to make sure I was ok.





I want to send a thank you card, or even some flowers for their kindness.





Your ideas? THANK YOU.
During a time of great distress my employer was AWESOME on helping me get my time off and arrangements made?
Say
FlowersBirthday FlowersSympathy FlowersHow very nice! It%26#039;s so good to hear something like this, instead of the usual stuff about how nasty the boss has been at a time of personal crisis.





As to how to say thanks ~ nothing beats a personal face to face %26#039;thank you%26#039;. Just telling them face to face, with sincerity and openness, how much it meant to you and how special you think their behaviour was can make a person%26#039;s day, month ~ even year!





To honour them publicly, you could definitely send a big bunch of flowers, maybe some chocs and a card ... if you send it to the office, naming them and then adding %26quot;and the whole team%26quot;, you are letting everyone know you appreciate them, but also that your bosses were extra good.





That way, it is no way %26#039;butt kissing%26#039;, it is simply a heartfelt gesture of thanks.





It must have been sad losing your dear grandmother, I can only imagine the devastation as I love my grandma so much, but having a great workplace team can really help you feel better and give you a much needed boost. Having that sort of support really matters.





I WAS going to say you can also let them know how great you found them by being a terrific employee, but judging by their actions and your attitude, I bet you already are!





Cheers :-)





Edited to say: Traveller has a good point about company policy ~ you might need to check that out! Best wishes :-)
Reply:I usually am cautious about gifts to employers, etc. Even a letter to the company thanking them, could be a problem if in helping you, they %26quot;bypassed%26quot; some company policy. Perhaps just a heartfelt %26quot;thank you %26quot; in private is best.





If you really must do more than that, then I%26#039;d say a dinner certificate for two to some local, and reasonably priced restaurant if you can afford that. ( but that is six dinners if you thank all three of them that way!); about $60 usd for some place like Denny%26#039;s.affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment